If you’re looking for a low carb, high protein, healthy shrimp recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds large peeled shrimp
Heat 2 tablespoons oiling a large skillet and add cabbage and a pinch of salt. Cook until cabbage begins to melt, then add wine and cook and reduce 2-3 minutes more. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings with salt. Transfer to a serving plate and cover.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parley. Season with salt and remaining oil and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp just until it looks opaque, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, mound cabbage on a plate and arrange shrimp around it, drizzling with parsley sauce.
Fat 1.22 grams
Fiber 2.47 grams
Protein 19.6 grams