- 1/2 cup Dutch Process European pure unsweetened cocoa
- 6 oz 70% cacao dark chocolate, organic
- 1 cup unsalted butter, organic, pastured
- 10 packets Stevia (or to taste)
- 4 large pastured eggs, separated
- Preheat overnight to 350 degrees F. Line one 9 inch removable bottom cake tin with parchment paper and generously coat the paper with butter.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it with butter and cocoa over hot water, stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Beat the egg yolks with the Stevia until light in color. Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
- Use a knife to separate the cake from the nonstick paper. Please observe that the cake is quite sticky.
Fiber: 2.2 grams
Protein: 3.9 grams
Carbs: 9.8 grams