Salmon Salad with Caper Dressing Recipe
This salmon salad with caper dressing is quick as a wink and only 5 grams of carbs!
Makes 4 servings
• 1 head Butter lettuce
• 1 1lb. salmon fillet (about 1-1/4 inches thick)
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 thick slices yellow onion
• 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh dill weed
• 1 rib celery with leaves, minced
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus zest of a half lemon
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Line the bottom of the steamer rack with one lettuce leaf, then place the salmon skin side down on the lettuce. Season with pepper. Arrange onions around the fish. Sprinkle with dill. Cover and steam over boiling water 10-18 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and opaque. Don’t overcook the fish. Once it loses its translucent look in the center, remove it to a plate.
- While the fish and vegetables are cooking, use a fork to whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Remove and discard the skin and bones from the cooked fish and break the fish into bite-sized chunks. Add chopped celery and toss with the dressing.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on dinner plates, and divide the salad equally among 4 servings. Garnish each serving with a twist of lemon.
Fat: 20.8 grams
Carbs: .5 grams
Protein: 24.1 grams
Fiber: 1.3 grams