It’s October and fall is officially here, which can only mean one thing, pumpkins. Lots and lots of pumpkins. Whether you enjoy carving pumpkins to line your steps to celebrate Halloween, or simply love the taste, this is the month to celebrate everything that pumpkins have to offer. When you need to satisfy your sweet autumn cravings, reaching for something pumpkin is a great way to feel satiated. Pumpkin is not only delicious, but it also packs a nutritional punch with its high vitamin A and antioxidant content. Plus, pumpkin is high in vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
This season, if you are looking for a dessert dish that’s healthy and easy to make to satisfy your sweet autumn cravings, check out this delicious pumpkin custard recipe!
Pumpkin Custard Recipe
• 1 ¾ cups of fresh pumpkin puree (or one 15 oz. can of puree)
• 4 beaten eggs
• 1 ½ cups of coconut milk (or another milk substitute)
• ½ tsp. of Himalayan pink salt
• ½ cup of honey or maple syrup
• 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
• 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs and honey (or maple syrup). Whisk to blend.
3. Add in pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
4. While mixing, gradually add coconut milk (or another milk substitute). Mix well.
5. Pour evenly into greased custard cups or ramekins.
6. Fill a pan with water with 1-inch hot water, and place cups in the pan. Make sure the water doesn’t spill out. Place baking pan with ramekins into the oven.
7. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife/toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely and then refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
9. Best served cold. You can serve from the dish, or invert onto a plate.
10. If you wish, top with whipped cream, pecans, cinnamon, or whatever you wish!