Fall is officially here, which means the return of pumpkin spice, everything. However, this craze is entirely justified because pumpkin is fantastic, and pumpkin spice anything is delicious. Between the smell and the taste, you cannot go wrong. With the holidays around the bend, ’tis the season for self-care and gift-giving, and what better way to enjoy the season than to make your very own DIY pumpkin spice sugar scrub. It’s perfect for the days that you pamper yourself at home, and they make an excellent holiday gift.
If you are looking to pamper yourself or a loved one this holiday season, try out this easy to make pumpkin spice sugar scrub recipe. While you are at it, don’t forget to make some pumpkin spice room spray to accompany your bath.
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub Recipe
• 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
• ½ tsp of vanilla extract
• 1 ¼ cup of brown sugar
• ¼ – ½ cup of coconut, olive, almond, or pumpkin seed oil
• 25-50 drops of pumpkin spice essential oil (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients together and mix well. You can adjust the amount of oil to your liking.
2. Place in an airtight, sealable container and keep at room temperature. Since this recipe is an all-natural product, use sugar scrub within a month or two.
If you want to enjoy the scent of pumpkin spice wafting through the air while you’re enjoying your pumpkin spice sugar scrub recipe, check out how you can make your own pumpkin spice room spray!
Pumpkin Spice Room Spray Recipe
• 8 ounces of distilled or filtered water
• 20-30 drops of cinnamon essential oil
• 15-20 drops of clove essential oil
• 15-20 drops of nutmeg essential oil
• 15-20 drops of ginger essential oil
• 10-15 drops of sweet orange essential oil
• 5-10 drops of cardamom essential oil
1. Add the water to a glass spray bottle, and then add the essential oils. Fill the bottle up to the desired level.
2. Screw on the cap and shake well. Make sure you shake well before each use.
3. Spray as needed throughout the room. Enjoy!
If you want to add another layer of pampering, check out this amazing pumpkin face mask recipe.