For this pork medallions in capers recipe, choose boneless medallions for ease of use, or make thin slices from a pork tenderloin. This is on the table in less than 10 minutes.
Pork Medallions in Capers Recipe
Makes 4 servings
• 1 pound Organic, pasture raised, pork medallions
• Kosher salt and freshly milled black pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup organic chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons capers, drained
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus grated zest of half a lemon
Pound pork between wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then cook pork, 2 minutes to the side, or until browned.
Add broth, capers, and lemon and cook 2-3 minutes, or until liquid has reduced by half. Serve hot.
Fat: 7.4 grams
Protein: 23.3 grams
Carbs: 1.3 grams
Fiber: 0.3 grams