Literally what it is: Bone broth is broth made from bones. It consists of soup bones, chicken and beef bones, oxtails and such. If you want to make your own, you would just throw those in a pot filled with water, along with herbs and whatever you like to season it with and let it simmer for hours, sometimes up to 24 hours. You can also purchase it if you don’t have the time or patience for this. If you haven’t tried it, you should. Bone broth benefits include:
• Help with joint pain. The active glucosamine/chondroitin in the broth is said to aid with arthritis and some inflammatory joint issues.
• Sleep better. It is rich in glycine, an amino acid that helps calm the brain.
• Anti-aging properties. It promotes the growth of collagen which helps to make skin tighter and firmer with fewer wrinkles. Not only that, but it helps speed up the healing of skin wounds and certain skin conditions, such as eczema.
• Immune health. It’s no myth that chicken soup makes you feel better when you are sick. All those much-needed vitamins and minerals are in that broth. Those aid in boosting your immune system and getting your body back to health.
In case you haven’t tried these delicious nuggets of goodness, they are sweet, flavorful and full of nutrients. Macadamia nuts provide a great source of energy. They contain loads of minerals, antioxidants and important vitamins such as selenium, niacin, vitamin A and Vitamin E. They are rich in phytosterols, which aid in regulating cholesterol levels. A handful goes a long way as it will satiate your hunger and give you lasting energy for hours.
Coconut oil is all the rage these days. You may already know that it is beneficial for you but there are so many wonderful things about coconut oil that you may not know. Benefits include:
• Fight off bacteria. Rich in lauric acid and monolaurin, Coconut oil has great anti-viral, antifungal and anti-bacterial properties. It can be used as a mouthwash (oil pulling) or to brush your teeth with.
• Keeps you lean. Coconut oil staves off hunger. It has been known to reduce appetite and help with weight loss. It is rich in medium-chain triglycerides which helps increase energy expenditure.
• Boost brain function. The fatty acids in coconut oil supply the brain cells with energy, helping with memory and cognitive function.
• Radiant skin. Coconut oil is super moisturizing as it contains lipids that nourish the skin and also your hair. Those with extremely dry skin can benefit from slathering on a healthy dose, daily.