Looking to get your Italian fix, but still want to stay on top of your low carb intake? Now you can have all the flavor without the carbs! This amazing roasted spaghetti squash recipe has basil and parmesan, making it perfect for kicking the pasta craving. It’s even nice and light on the stomach for summer eating! Super easy to make and super fun to share, this spaghetti will be your new favorite go-to meal!
Roasted Basil Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1/4 of a cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium to large sized spaghetti squash
- Salt and pepper for seasoning to taste
How To Make It!
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the spaghetti squash and cut it in half the long way. Use a spoon to take the seeds out.
- Meltdown or soften the coconut oil and brush over the inside and the edges of the squash.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to season to your liking.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn the squashes upside down and place them with the insides down on the baking sheet.
- Place them in the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until they are tender.
- Once they are out of the oven and cool enough to handle, take a fork and scrape the insides of the squash to create the “spaghetti” effect.
- Add the lemon juice, and the rest of the coconut oil and sprinkle the basil on to the spaghetti on the inside of each squash.
- Use a fork to mix the spaghetti with the seasoning you just added, so that all the flavors can meld together.
- Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!