If you recently decided to give the carnivore diet a try, you may be having trouble coming up with meal ideas. While the diet is relatively simple, eating only foods that are sourced from animals, you might want to have more variety in your diet than steak. Adding salmon to the mix is an excellent way to get in your daily dose of healthy fats and vitamin D. As a bonus, many salmon recipes are fairly simple and easy to make. Many don’t take long to put together, which is perfect for those nights when you are short on time but still want to eat healthy.
If you are looking for a simple and healthy recipe to use while on the carnivore diet, then give this seasoned salmon recipe a try.
Cilantro Garlic Seasoned Salmon Recipe
· One large salmon filet (aim for fresh salmon, not frozen)
· 1 tbsp. of ghee or butter
· Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
· Black pepper (to taste)
· ¼ cup chopped cilantro
· 4-6 tsp of garlic powder
1. Preheat grill or oven to 400° F.
2. Place salmon skin side down onto a sheet of foil. Do not grease the foil sheet.
3. Season salmon evenly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cilantro. Evenly place pieces of butter or ghee over the top of the salmon.
4. If using an oven: baked salmon on foil in a preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness. Turn the oven onto broil and cook until the top appears crispy, usually 5-7 minutes.
5. If using a grill: place salmon with foil on preheated grill and grill for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
6. Once cooked, remove salmon and remove the skin by sliding a flat spatula in between the skin and the salmon. If the foil was not greased, the skin should separate from the fish easily.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!