Bacon-Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Makes 16 servings
- 1 pound Boss Hog’s No-Nitrite Pepper Country Bacon
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Toothpicks that have been soaked in water (to avoid burning)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash Brussel sprouts and trim the brown stems. Pat dry and add to a large mixing bowl. Cut large sprouts in half, lengthwise.
- Mix olive oil and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the sprouts and toss to combine.
- Cut bacon so it will just fit around the sprout. Wrap bacon around each brussel sprout, securing it with a toothpick.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Assemble sprouts green side down. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, turning the sprouts over halfway through. Sprouts are done when the bacon is crispy and cooked. If you have more sprouts than bacon, add them to the pan with the bacon grease and roast in the fat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before eating, as the sprouts will be very hot.
Fat: 13 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
This original recipe comes from bacontoday.com