Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Recipe
For the filling:
- 16 ounces of pureed pumpkin
- 8 ounces of heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, organic
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of Lohan sweetener (optional)
For the crust:
- 2 cups of almond flour, not almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of lohan sweetener (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, alcohol-free
- preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all “filling ingredients” in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until fully combined, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix all crust ingredients until it creates a ball of dough. This can be done in a food processor, as well.
- Knead the dough for about 2 minutes if doing by hand. Press dough into pie pan, preferably a 9-inch pan, and pour in filling mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.